Artist Statement & CV
I am a young contemporary artist based in Kent. I studied in North London and have a BA in Illustration. I seek to portray the complexities of life within my mixed media canvases and prints. My works depict the effects of the past and the present on today's society and the relationship between fame, status, money and power. My methods of printing allows me to interact with each print always producing an individual piece; no two prints are alike as every method is hands on and interactive. Recently my work has taken more of a political interest inspired by current events associated with Britain’s economic challenges and the hidden corruption within the media and Government. Each piece is a vibrant Pop Art exaggeration of current affairs.
Education & Exhibitions
- October 2012 Pushing Print Old Town, Margate. Selected by Gill Saunders Senior Curator of Print V&A. An exhibition showing the diversity of printmaking from local, national and international artists.
- October 2012 42nd Annual Art Exhibition Minster
- December 2011 "The Winter Exhibition’ The Pantiles, Royal Tunbridge Wells. Joint exhibition with fellow SEE Artist Mark Paul Perry exhibiting selected new works.
- May 2011 Custom House, Ramsgate. A rotation of selected works throughout the year.
- December 2010 "The Launch" London Bridge. A collaboration between Fine artists, Expressive Dance , Music and Dance film.
- November 2010 Windsor Art Fair.
- November 2010 The Big Vibe Affair, Brick Lane, London – Group Exhibition 50 Contemporary Artists.
- August 2010 Commission-private client 3 Panels.
- June 2010 Commission Yoga–is Studio Kent.
- May 2010 Solo Exhibition "Peeling Layers", Margate, Kent.
- May 2010 Local Press release.
- November 2009 - April 2010 Setting up of Studio and web site.
- June 2008 Group Exhibition Brick Lane.
- 2003-2008 BA Illustration Middlesex University – break in studies for year in South America.
- 2002-2003 Foundation Studies Diploma Kent Institution of Art and Design.